Live Music & Events
Trivia Night with Rick!
JANUARY / FEBRUARY / MARCH 2019
Enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday at Jamian’s Food and Drink. Music starts at 10pm.
Friday, January 18: The Haven
Saturday, January 19: Secret Sound
Friday, January 25: Psychotic Submarines
Saturday, January 26: Dead Bank
Friday, February 1: Matt O’Ree
Saturday, February 2: Billy Walton Band
Friday, February 8: Cosmic Jerry Band
Saturday, February 9: XOL Azul
Friday, February 15: Waiting on Mongo
Saturday, February 16: Sandy Mack
Friday, February 22: Des and The Swagmatics
Saturday, February 23: Shady Street Show Band
Friday, March 1: Matt O’Ree
Saturday, March 2: Dead Bank
Friday, March 8: Jukebox Criminals
Saturday, March 9: Harmony Project
Friday, March 15: Colossal Street Jam
Open Mic - Every Sunday
Jamian’s Food and Drink Open Mic Night began back in the late 90′s at the Downtown Cafe. Over the years, hundreds of musicians have come down and sat in with the house band, showcased their own original material, or just joined the ever-growing crowd of listeners. Great local talent such a Pat Guadagno, Brian Kirk, Matt O’Ree, Chuck Lambert, Melissa Chill, Linda Chorney and many others are regular visitors to the open mic. We’ve even had the surprise down-ins from Richie Sambora and other Bon Jovi members, legendary drummer Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty) and artists joining us after their show at the nearby legendary Count Basie Theatre.
Open Mic Night has been successful because of its loose, friendly atmosphere and positive collective attitude towards live performance. The Open Mic offers a unique opportunity for musicians from all walks of the strata to get together and combine their ideas. Open Mic has grown into a fantastic social scene for networking, collaborating, finding potential new band members and even professionally recording your material.
Magical moments happen when different players are brought together on stage to create music. In 2009 the Open Mic moved to Jamians Food And Drink where it is continuing to build on its success. It is the center of the Red Bank music scene and the spot to be on Sunday Night.
- Signups for the Open Mic starts at 6pm every Sunday.
- Showtime is 8pm – 1:30 am.
- The set list fills quickly so please arrive early.
- There is no advance signup except when there is a featured band. We generally feature acoustic acts between 8 and 9:30 and electric/bands/jam sessions afterwards, though that may vary weekly.
We supply the following:
- Full PA
- Drum set (4 piece with ride, hi-hat cymbals)
- 2 guitar amps
- Acoustic Dl box
- Bass amp
- You may bring your own personal instruments and effects, or if necessary, use our guitars, keys, bass guitar and drums. Please do not bring any guitar amplifiers as this slows down set changes and reduces playing time.